Thursday, October 28, 2010

Pregnancy Update, 32 Weeks

Baby Bump at 32 weeks. Excuse my hair--it was really windy!
 A whole four weeks have gone by since my last pregnancy update. I am amazed at how fast time is flying and can hardly believe we're due to meet our little man in just eight weeks! We had a check-up with my midwife yesterday morning, and everything looks great. I only have two more check-ups until I reach full-term status. Unbelievable!

Baby Benjamin is still head-down {yay!} and he seems to be growing well, based on my measurements. Over the last couple weeks, I've definitely felt his movements getting stronger and more frequent. I have also been able to feel him hiccuping as of late--I'm going to guess this is more fun for me than it is for him! The work the Lord does in knitting together each person in his or her mother's womb never ceases to amaze me. Just seven months ago, our sweet baby was smaller than a pinpoint. At this point, he is well developed enough that even if he was born in the next couple of weeks (which I hope he's not, of course), he would most likely do fine with very few long-term difficulties. Wow!


As for me? I think I'm doing pretty well for being seven and a half months pregnant. I'm definitely starting to feel BIG. I've noticed a slight waddle to my walk, and simple things like bending over and rolling over in bed are becoming more difficult. I'm so thankful for my sweet husband--he's always willing to help with things that are difficult around the house as I'm getting bigger, and he graciously puts up with my need to hog the bed sprawl out at night in order to be comfortable.

My blood pressure hasn't given any indication of being problematic like it was during my pregnancy with Katie, and we're hoping and praying it stays that way. If it does, everything looks like we'll be good to have a midwife assisted home birth sometime in 6-10 weeks!


How are you other pregnant mamas doing? Have any of you had your babies yet?

1 comment:

  1. You look wonderful, Mrs. Mary Jo. I pray that the Lord will continue to bless your pregnancy!

    Love In Christ,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete