Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Pregnancy Update: 40 Weeks!

Earlier today--exactly 40 weeks pregnant!
 Well, today is the due-date, but apparently little Benjamin missed the memo! My absence the past week wasn't because I had a baby without telling y'all! My birthday was last week and my mom came into town on Friday to be here for the birth and my recovery. I've been enjoying spending time with her, and blogging has been pretty far from my mind--I'm sure you can understand! It's such an exciting time around here.

I had a check-up with my midwife yesterday, and everything still looks good. I haven't had a single high blood pressure reading the entire pregnancy, which I am so thankful for! I also have basically no swelling or water retention. My wedding rings even still fit--I had to take them off two months before Katie was born because they were too tight. I've also only gained 21 pounds this pregnancy, instead of twice that like I did last time. I think our current diet versus the way we used to eat, as well as being much more active have helped me stay so much healthier this time around.

Surprisingly at 40 weeks pregnant, I am feeling really good. I don't have many aches and pains. There is some difficulty with bending over and rolling over in bed, but certainly nothing intolerable. I'm so thankful to have had two relatively easy pregnancies. I know some women are just totally miserable for the entire 9 months! The only reason I'm anxious to not be pregnant anymore is because I am just SO excited to meet this precious baby and hold him in my arms, not because I'm exhausted and sick and tired of being pregnant.

Yesterday my midwife checked, and I was 2cm dilated and 40% effaced. Not a whole lot--but I guess that's 2 centimeters I don't have to deal with during labor! I've been having some contractions off and on, but nothing consistent enough to convince this little guy to make his appearance. So for now, we wait...!

6 comments:

  1. You look great, Mary Jo!! Beautiful picture! I keep checking Facebook and Twitter to make sure I don't miss little man Benjamin's arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for making it to 40 weeks! I'm totally with you on feeling great even this late in pregnancy - I think it definitely has so much to do with diet and exercise! I'll be praying for you in the next few days. Hope you have a wonderful labor and delivery! Can't wait to see pictures of your little boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't wait to hear the news that he has made his way to his mama's arms :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great.Good Luck and enjoy your time with your mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. can't wait to see him! glad you are feeling well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, you look great! I was wondering if your baby boy put in his appearance yet! Looking forward to hearing news of his arrival! Ours is due in 9 days...I'm hoping it gets the memo early, 'cause I've been one of the lucky "miserable for 9 months" people!

    ReplyDelete