Monday, December 5, 2011

Menu Plan, December 5-11

Hi, y'all! I've missed blogging, and am looking forward to getting back into the swing of things this week with a few posts. Thanks so much for sticking around during my time away.  I just needed a break to refocus. My house and family still aren't perfect, but I think my perspective has changed a bit and I am working towards a more simple and organized life for my people.

I can't believe it's already December. This year has really flown by at lightening speeds. I'm attributing it to closing out last year by giving birth to Benjamin and spending a good chunk of this year in a sleep-deprived state. :)

Anyway, here's what I'm planning to cook this week.

Breakfasts:
Soaked baked oatmeal with apples, raisins, and carrots (which I promise is not as weird as it sounds--think carrot cake!)
Banana bread, scrambled eggs
Potato, spinach, bacon, egg, and cheese skillet

Lunches:
Leftovers
Smoothies (if we get a warmer day!)
Taco corn fritters (from the freezer), black beans

Dinners:
Church children's Christmas party
Sherrie's Aussie Chicken (this is SO good!), mashed sweet potatoes, salad
Baked nachos (with leftover shredded chicken instead of beef)
Potato soup (with cooked, crumbled bacon instead of ham and chicken broth instead of water/bullion)
Beef burritos on homemade tortillas
Homemade pizza
Dinner at the farm with Ben's family

What are y'all fixing this week? If you need some meal-planning inspiration, but sure to check OrgJunkie's Menu Plan Monday!

1 comment: