Friday, September 7, 2012

An update on The List

A couple of weeks ago, I shared the list of things I want/need to get done before Baby #3 makes his appearance. Thankfully, I've been able to chip away at it quite a bit. My original goal was to have everything done by September 10, which I don't think will happen--but I'm shooting to have it done by the end of next week. We'll see how it goes!

To do:

  • Organize all our children's clothes. Sort things into hand-me-downs for Joshua, a few special girl items to save, and items to consign/give to Goodwill.
  • Wash, sort and, and store clothes Joshua will use. Put newborn and 0-3 month clothes in his drawer.
  • Put together a toy organization system Katie can handle by herself.
  • Fix the cabinet door on the children's dresser.
  • Make cloth wipes
  • Clean and set up bassinet
  • Freeze at least 10 dinners worth of food, plus breakfast items {I have 4 dinners' worth of main dishes frozen plus a few miscellaneous things}
  • Order more cloth diapers (I'm thinking 10-12 more) and get them washed and ready to go {The diapers are here and have been washed once. They say to wash them 3-5 times before using}
  • Get noise machine, hamper, and GoodNite Lite for Katie and Benjamin's room {The noise machine is working out so well we opted to skip the GoodNite Lite for now}
  • Pick up a new DVD or two for Katie and Benjamin (not because I advocate rotting their brains in front of the TV all day--but I know there will be the occasional moment when I really need something to hold their attention during the transition into life with three babes)
  • Purchase a Baby K'Tan carrier (I've finally settled on this to add to my baby-wearing arsenal)
  • Order birth kit
  • Gather other birth supplies {Everything is bought. I just need to get it all in one place}

No comments:

Post a Comment