Friday, January 3, 2014

Confident Mom Household Planner

One of my goals for this year is to find a cleaning system that works for me and use it consistently. Everyone in the family (well, at least Ben and I) is so much happier and more relaxed when the house is not a mess. Keeping it clean is an area I really struggle with.

One of my other goals is to be more intentional in spending focused time just playing with my littles, which I have a really hard time doing when there's a disaster everywhere I look.

A friend mentioned this FREE Confident Mom Weekly Household Planner on Facebook last week. Based on her rave review I decided to give it a try.

I've used it all week and there is a definite difference in the tidiness of our house. A major bonus is that it's fully customizable. Any of the chores can be erased or moved around as desired. I'm a major list person. I love checking things off of lists. And having extra things on the list that I don't need to check off really bugs me, so my slightly OCD side loves that I can delete the unnecessary things.

Training the children to help with cleaning was another item on my list of goals for this year. Prompted by one of the daily items in this planner, we've started having a "15 minute clean up" immediately after dinner each day. While I clean the kitchen, Ben plays music and sets a timer and he and the children pick up the house for 15 minutes. This alone makes a huge difference!

We're only a week in, but I'm enjoying the fruit so far. We'll see how it goes for the other 51 weeks this year! Since the planner is free, I wanted to share it with y'all so you could try it as well.

Here's to cleaner, calmer, saner homes this year! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment