Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Hoosier Blueberry Cake

Remember the blueberries we picked?  I just had to make this cake with some of them. My mom has made this blueberry cake for years and years and we all love it around here. I hadn't made it anywhere but my mom's kitchen before, so she kindly e-mail me the recipe, and I wanted to share it with y'all. :)


1 pint (2 cups) fresh (or frozen) blueberries
¼ lb. of butter (1 stick)
2 cups of sugar
3 eggs
1 cup of milk
3 cups of flour
1 tsp. baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 tsp. vanilla or lemon extract

1.    Preheat oven to 350*. Cream butter and sugar
2.    Add eggs, one at a time – beating after each
3.    Mix dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and salt)
4.    Add dry ingredients alternately with milk and vanilla mixture to batter.
5.    Fold in blueberries into batter
6.  Spoon batter in greased and floured bundt pan.  Bake for 1 hour.

This post is linked to Tasty Tuesday and Tempt My Tummy Tuesday

1 comment:

  1. This looks wonderful. I'll have to try it this weekend.
    Thanks,
    Regina

    ReplyDelete