Tuesday, November 23, 2010

That Man of Mine

In this late stage of pregnancy, I have become increasingly aware of what a wonderful man the Lord has given me for a husband. Don't get me wrong--I've always known he was wonderful (I mean--I wouldn't have married him otherwise!). But, his sacrificial love and service for me during this stage of life has been such a sweet blessing.

One thing I've noticed--he always keeps up with Katie so I can relax when we're at family or church gatherings. He does it frequently without even breathing a word about it. It's not something he has to do, and it certainly wouldn't be presumptuous for him to expect me to keep up with her some. This was something I'd been completely taking for granted until I really thought about it a few days ago.

Ben's first time holding Katie
 Last week when I was having back trouble before I saw the chiropractor, he made dinner one night and then went out the following morning to get breakfast for us so I was able to stay off my feet. When he's home from work, he spends lots of time with Katie so I can relax. And sometimes, he even does the dinner dishes when I'm especially tired!

It's so funny--before we were married and had a baby (and another one on the way), it would've never occurred to me that acts of service such as these would be such a great blessing and even make my heart go 'pitty-patter' like flowers and chocolates! Ha!

Ben with Katie at just a few days old

Truly, a godly husband is a precious gift from the Lord. May God help me to be the wife he deserves, and to never take him for granted!


Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

3 comments:

  1. What a blessing your husband must be. May the Lord continue to strengthen your marriage!

    Many Blessings,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful! I, too, am blessed with an amazing husband!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenna-Ben really is such a blessing. The Lord was very gracious to give him to me. :)

    Tara-I'm so glad you have an amazing husband--definitely something to be so thankful for! I can't imagine what life would be like if I weren't married to a godly man!

    ReplyDelete