Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Full hands, full heart

Some people would describe me a "just" a housewife. I would venture to guess most of them have never been a homemaker before. (And, I'm guessing many of you are "Amen"ing in your mind!)

My hands are full. There is never a lack of thing to do--messes to clean, boo-boos to kiss, books to read, diapers to change, dishes to wash, laundry to fold, meals to cook, discipline to administer. My days are long, tiring, and beautiful. Even though I am occasionally tempted to complain about things, if I took an honest look at the life the Lord has blessed me with, I wouldn't have it any differently. It is the life I dreamed of and prayed for.

 

What else can I say? God is gracious. Ben and our children fill my life with such incredible joy. Truly, I could not ask for more. My hands are certainly full, but you should see my heart.

Thank you all for sticking around during a quieter season on my blog. I've been trying to find a balance with all the things that are vying for my time. I'm planning to be back to regular posting soon!

1 comment:

  1. I admire you for your honesty - it's hard to balance being a wife, a mother, work at the church or within the community and adding blogging to that as well! I'm really working on trying to balance my priorities as well. Today I was convicted that I need to LAY MY SMARTPHONE DOWN and not check it repeatedly throughout the day. Good luck with balance....and please share with us what you learn when you get time!

    ReplyDelete