Friday, June 8, 2012

Pregnancy Update, 22 Weeks (It's a...)

Baby's sweet profile
I intended to do this update at 20 weeks, but time has just gotten away from me! I cannot believe that this pregnancy is already definitely--even if I go a week overdue again--halfway over.

There are days when I wonder what in the world I'll do with three little ones (though I do know, of course, that God will give me the grace I need to handle a new season of life!) and other days when I am so anxious to hold this sweet babe, whose kicks I enjoy feeling throughout the day with increasing strength and frequency, in my arms.

By God's grace, I've continued to feel great. I'm definitely the most in-shape I've ever been during a pregnancy (still able to do jumping jacks!). I've gained 13 pounds, and so far my blood pressure and other labs have looked good. I'm hungry all the time and drink water like a camel, but I guess that's to be expected for a pregnant mama--especially during the summer! This will actually be my first time getting big during the summer months, so I'll be interested to see how it compares.

I'm due for an appointment next week with my midwife and after that it's just one more until we move to appointments every other week. Once it gets to that point, I feel like pregnancy flies!

Two weeks ago today, we were able to catch a glimpse of our baby when we went for our mid-pregnancy ultrasound. Thankfully, Baby appears to be developing well.


We were also delighted to find out we'll be welcoming another boy into the family!

When it came time to look for the gender, this little one had his legs tightly crossed and a hand blocking the view of his bottom! Finally, the ultrasound tech said we had a girlBut, then Baby moved around and she got about 8 pictures that confirmed his boyhood, so we're pretty confident she was right despite her initial announcement. We haven't chosen a name yet, but I think we have it narrowed down to a couple.


And that's about it! How are you other pregnant mamas doing? Have any of you had your babies?

5 comments:

  1. What a speacial day it was to be there with you and Ben to share in the excitement. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! At least the ultrasound tech looked harder so you knew for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! I'm due with our first baby about a week behind you. I've been reading for awhile but never commented, I skim through blogs on my lunch break at work so I never have much time to comment :) Best wishes for a healthy/uneventful rest of your pregnancy. You'll be a great mama to three :)

    ReplyDelete