Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pregnancy Update, 27 Weeks

27 weeks today--sorry for the blurry phone picture!
Time definitely goes by at lightning speeds when you spent your days chasing little ones and keeping up with the needs of a growing family! I can't believe I'm already at 27 weeks with Baby #3! He's going to be with us on the outside before I know it (which also means I am going to be in labor before I know it--eek!).

I had a check-up with my midwife yesterday and everything looked great! In addition to typical stuff she checked my hemoglobin and glucose levels which is standard for this point in the pregnancy.

We choose to decline the traditional glucose test  and instead go with a non-fasting finger-prick test. This is completely fine with my midwife because:

     ::I have none of the risk factors at all for gestational diabetes and
     ::it's gross and the syrup is not exactly health food.

My glucose has been well within the 'normal' range every time I've had it checked as an adult so far, as it was this time. For you numbers folks, it was 92 and "normal" is up to 130.

My fundal height was 28-29cm., which is a 6 cm. jump from last time. He's a growing boy! I've gained 17 pounds so far--a little more than I had gained with Benjamin at this point, and a good bit less than I had gained with Katie (I started my pregnancy with Benjamin much heavier than I started this pregnancy, and about the same as I was when I started my pregnancy with Katie).

The baby is already head down--but with the amount of movement I feel, who knows if he'll stay that way! I think he is my busiest baby in the womb so far. It feels like this child is doing somersaults all day and all night.

I have overall been feeling really good. I've continued to exercise regularly, which I think helps a lot (only indoors though--it has been way too HOT for outside walks). I have to be careful not to stay on my feet too long (more than 2 hours seems to be my limit) without sitting down for a bit or my feet and legs get tired and sore. I also do get an occasional headache--but those are really my only 'complaints' (besides the occasional punch in the bladder, which I don't love)!

My mom is coming up for a week at the end of August to help me get ready for Baby Boy's arrival (she'll also come up around my due-date and stay until he's a couple weeks old--so thankful for her help!). When she leaves, my due-date will only be 6 weeks away. 6 weeks!

I'm trying to come up with a realistic list of things I'd like to get done while she's here. Any tips for transitioning from two three-and-under to three three-and-under? :)

How are you other pregnant mamas doing? I'd love to hear if there is any way I can pray for you and your babes!

5 comments:

  1. So glad you are doing well! You are glowing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Never commented before but I love your posts. I am 25 weeks pregnant (tomorrow) with baby #3:) (3rd boy!)My oldest will be 3 two weeks before the baby is due:) So I am as well looking for tips from going from two to three! :) I am SO Looking forward to meeting our new little guy! You are looking great. I love reading along with mommy's that are in a similar stage of life:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! Congratulations on your pregnancy! Our little guys will only be a couple weeks apart. I'm really looking forward to meeting our newest addition too--and I know he'll be here before I know it! :)

      Delete
  3. Hi! I know having a lot of little ones can be crazy at times. We are blessed with 7 children, 5 of them under 5. There are a few things I have learned along the way that might help. Always remember they won't be this little forever (I know this seems obvious, but there are times when you think it will never end), but it does. Every year gets a little easier. Keep things really simple. The less clothes, toys, and stuff you accumulate, the easier it is to handle. Finally, always accept the help when offered. By the time number 5 came along, I was tired. I wish I would have taken up the offer sooner :) God bless you and your family! Channon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Sounds like you have your hands full too. :)

      I have been really thankful to have had some help along the way, and while it is humbling to have someone else come and take care of your children, clean your home, etc., I've certainly never regretted accepting such offers when it's all said and done. And I think a lot of times people really enjoy being a blessing--especially when it involves cute babies. ;)

      I know I've definitely found that life is easier when we have fewer toys around--and the children don't seem to have any less fun with a few toys than they do with a whole bunch. :o)

      I really appreciate your taking time to share your advice!

      Delete