Monday, August 6, 2012

Menu Plan, August 6-12


I am really looking forward to this week. For the first time in quite a while, it looks like (for now, at least), I only have one day I'll need to go into town for something. I'm hoping this will make for a productive week, after a few weeks of just feeling super busy. I want to get back into our normal routine and I have a huge mountain of laundry calling my name. I'm hoping the kids and I will be able to tackle that this afternoon.


I also wanted to mention a great deal to y'all. Through midnight tonight, Tropical Traditions is offering free shipping with the code 682212. This is a great opportunity to try out some of their excellent products without paying shipping costs. Their Organic Palm Oil Shortening (which I love) is on sale for $23.59 for a gallon, and their 2.2lb bag of Coconut Flour (which I have fallen in love with--especially now that Ben is gluten-free) is on sale for $9.99.

But, anyway, here is our menu for this week. I'm hoping to continue freezing some things here and there as well--it adds so little prep. time, and I think it will end up saving me a lot of time (and stress!) on busy days.

Monday:
Breakfast~Oatmeal pancakes (served with butter and real syrup), fruit
Dinner~Simple Beef Gravy over Millet Biscuits, salad, fruit

Tuesday:
Breakfast~Oatmeal
Dinner~BBQ Meatballs (from the freezer), mashed potatoes, salad

Wednesday:
Breakfast~Hashbrowns, scrambled eggs
Dinner~Crockpot stroganoff over gluten-free pasta, glazed carrots, salad

Thursday:
Breakfast~Baked Oatmeal
Dinner~Creamy Cauliflower Soup (with turkey bacon), coconut flour cheddar biscuits, salad

Friday:
Breakfast~Leftover Baked Oatmeal
Dinner~Homemade pizza, salad

Saturday:
Breakfast~Breakfast casserole, Sweet Brown Oatmeal Bread (from the freezer), Fruit
Dinner~ Crockpot BBQ Beef Short Ribs, salad, scalloped potatoes

Sunday:
Breakfast~Leftovers from Saturday morning
Dinner~Family dinner at the farm

What are y'all cooking this week? If you need some inspiration, be sure to head over to OrgJunkie's Menu Plan Monday!

This post contains referral links. Thank you for supporting Covenant Homemaking!

1 comment:

  1. I just learned something new today. Coconut flour.
    Happy MPM.

    ReplyDelete