Monday, June 6, 2011

Menu Plan, June 6-11


Most of last week's meals didn't even end up getting made! In addition to our Sunday meal with my in-laws and the planned dinner of snacks at the local home school ball, we ate with Ben's family 3 other times (Memorial Day, a going away dinner for two of Ben's brothers who moved away from home into a house together, and Saturday night just for fun) and my sister-in-law, mother-in-law, and I (along with Katie and little Benjamin) went out for dinner one night while Ben was working late. So, I cooked a grand total of one dinner all week (and that was WITH my sister-in-law)! It was certainly a busier-than-normal week around here. That said, most of last week's meals will be on the menu again this week.

I was able to pick up about 7 pounds of organic bananas reduced for quick sale last week (I actually asked the produce guy if he'd mark them down and he did--score!), so my freezer is FULL of ripe bananas. I'll be using those throughout the week.

Breakfasts:
Easy Banana Nut Bread (without the nuts per Ben's preferences), scrambled eggs--x2, plus freeze a loaf
Peanut Butter Smoothie (we tried this over the weekend and it was delicious!)
Baked oatmeal, scrambled eggs--x4

Lunch:
Hot dogs on whole wheat rolls, fruit
Fruit and yogurt smoothies
Burritos (from the freezer)
Leftovers

Dinners:
Monday~BBQ chicken sandwiches, watermelon, homemade fries, sauteed green beans
Tuesday~Shredded beef tostadas
Wednesday~Chicken Divan
Thursday~ leftovers
Friday~ Creamy Pepper steaks, baked potatoes, sauteed green beans
Saturday~homemade pizza, salad
Sunday~Dinner at the farm

For hundreds more menu plans, check out OrgJunkie's Menu Plan Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment