Monday, September 19, 2011

Menu Plan, September 19-26


We've had a short burst of fall weather the past few days, but the weatherman is saying it's not here to stay and things will be back up in the 80's this week. As I write this, it seems to still be chilly out, so we'll see. I love cooler weather, but truly--I don't like that it means winter is right around the corner. Having grown up in Florida (yes, I wore flip-flops in January!), the cold Virginia winters have yet to grow on me.

Here's what I have in the plans for this week of almost-fall-but-not-quite weather. You'll notice LOTS of apple recipes, as we're still making our way through the two bushes I bought last weekend. They are still nice and crisp, but I think I'll need to start putting them up this week. I'm planning to make some apple butter and freeze the rest using this method. Any of you all have a great apple butter recipe to share?

What are y'all cooking this week?

Breakfasts:
:: Soaked baked oatmeal with apples
:: Soaked oatmeal pancakes with homemade apple topping
:: Soaked apple coffee cake (new recipe), scrambled eggs

Lunches:
:: Leftovers
:: Smoothies (Peanut Butter or Yogurt/Fruit)

Dinners:
:: Pizza braid, salad
:: Taco corn fritters, watermelon
:: Salmon patties (I haven't tried this particular recipe before, but thought it sounded really good), fruit, salad
:: Rice and bean burritos (make some extras for the freezer)
:: Italian Cream Cheese Chicken Casserole, salad, homemade Italian braid loaf bread, Slab Apple Pie and vanilla ice cream

For lots of other meal planning inspiration, check out OrgJunkie's Menu Plan Monday and Keeper of the Home's Plan It-Don't Panic Challenge.

2 comments:

  1. I read your About page, and see that we both have Benjamins the same age! :) We have alot of apples here, too, although not quite as many as you. I love the abundance of apples and winter squash this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That creamy chicken casserole looks delicious! Found you in the KOTH link up! Gonna try that one...yum!!

    ReplyDelete