Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Change in plans and a great link for your reading pleasure

Monday night, this mama started feeling sick. Today, I'm feeling worse...adding a cold to pregnancy fatigue is no fun. So, we're doing a whole lot of not much at our house so I can rest up. That means our great new routine, while not completely thrown to the wayside, has taken a back seat. That "day in our life" post will probably have to wait 'til next week.

In the meantime, here's a great blog post all you mamas need to go and read. It's by Lisa-Jo at The Gypsy Mama and reading it was really a blessing to my heart. Here's an excerpt:

This beautiful amazing body has stretched to accommodate two sets of feet, two heads, two hearts, two sets of flexing limbs. This body is round where some say it should be flat; soft where some say it should be hard; and full where many others are running on empty.

It's easy to look in the mirror and wish I looked just like I did the day we got married. My sweet husband has reminded me more than once that he'd much rather I be a mama than be skinny (though, I didn't think of myself as particularly skinny back then either!). Not to say that having children is an excuse to let your body go, but it takes time to put on baby weight, and even if you lose it all, you very well may never look the same again (stretch marks, anyone?). But you know what? It's so completely worth it.

Click here to go read the rest!

4 comments:

  1. You are very right! This has touched my heart as a mother of four children and hopefully more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you are feeling bad! How many weeks are you now? Is this the first time you've been sick this time around? I found out a couple weeks ago that I'm pregnant with baby #4! I started getting sick this week. All my pregnancies have been good and uncomplicated, but I have been sick with all of them! Hope this doesn't last for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey mary jo! haven't checked your blog in a while- unlike you to go this long and not post. i hope you are feeling better. said a prayer for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary Jo, I stumbled across your blog today as I was searching for "mommy blogs" and was greatly encouraged. I've been married less than a year, am 13 weeks pregnant with our first child and have been SICK for the last 7 weeks straight. Reading your blog today was an encouragement -- and helps me see past the sickness of today to what tomorrow holds. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete