Monday, August 2, 2010

Menu Plan, August 2-8






Well, August has officially arrived! The last few days have been a lot cooler around here, and for the sake of pleasant morning walks and lower electricity bills, I wouldn't mind if the weather stayed as-is for a while. :) I did some impromptu freezer cooking last week, and have a little more planned for this week. I think at this season of life (being tired and pregnant with a toddler under foot), doubling or tripling recipes and freezing the extras is easier than taking a whole day to cook. Curious--do y'all ever freeze meals for an easier time later on? Anyway, here's what's on our menu plan this week.

Breakfasts: scrambled eggs with toast and sausage, "country boy" (never did make this last week), biscuits and gravy (planning to double the biscuits and freeze some)

Lunches: sandwiches, salad, quesadillas, leftovers, snacks

Dinners:
Monday~at the farm
Tuesday~Chicken roll-ups (I've made this once before...cooked chicken wrapped in biscuit dough, and baked, topped with gravy--Ben loves it!), steamed veggies
Wednesday~leftovers
Thursday~Chicken Taco casserole, brown rice and beans
Friday~Homemade Pizza, salad
Saturday~leftovers
Sunday~at the farm, as usual. :)

For more menu planning inspiration, be sure to check out OrgJunkie's Menu Plan Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Your chicken taco casserole sound so delicious! WOW I'd love that recipe!
    As for freezing~ doubling a recipe is a way of life for me. It makes those days when I am tired, or busy I always have a backup! I am making eggplant parmesan tonight and made a second one to pop into the freezer. It will taste so good in... October!
    You have a lovely blog!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish August meant cooler weather here! Its almost unbearable to be outside for only a minute on most days.

    I did the once a month freezer cooking days a couple of times, but since I've been pregnant I've also found it much easier to just double or triple a recipe once in a while. I even quintupled one recipe of Italian meatballs so we'll be having ALOT of those once the baby arrives!

    I always enjoy reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete