Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Pregnancy Update: 22 Weeks

Baby Bump today--exactly 22 weeks

This pregnancy seems to be going by a whole lot faster than my pregnancy with Katie. I can't believe we're only 18 weeks (plus or minus) away from getting to hold this precious baby in our arms! I felt Baby move for the first time about 6 weeks ago, but I've only been able to feel consistent movements for a couple weeks. It is so reassuring and precious to feel my sweet baby kicking around in my tummy as I go about my day. A couple nights ago, Ben got to feel Baby for the first time, which was really exciting for both of us.


The first picture of our sweet boy's face.
We had our mid-pregnancy ultrasound a week ago, and in addition to being so thankful that Baby looks completely healthy, we were thrilled to find out we're having a little BOY! He was not the slightest bit shy about it and really left no room at all for doubt about his boy-hood.

I am so thankful to the Lord for a second healthy and relatively easy pregnancy thus far. What a blessing and joy to be entrusted with two precious children to raise up for the advancement of His Kingdom!

How are you other pregnant mamas doing?

8 comments:

  1. Awwww, congrats on a baby BOY! They are sweet little darlins, I can attest. :) And they love their Momma's. :) I have about 10 weeks to go and I'm ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you look wonderful, Mrs. Mary Jo! I am so happy for you and your husband. What a happy little boy your new little one will be!

    Many Blessings,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on finding out it is a boy! I was due last Saturday so now I'm just waiting... and waiting...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, Mary Jo! What a cute baby-boy bump. :) You look great.

    Tomorrow I get to see the midwife, Lord willing, for the 33 week appt., so looking forward to that. Baby seems to be all too cozy in his sideways position, so let us hope and pray that he wants to turn soon.

    And LeAnna is right: Baby boys love their Mommas! Congratulations again, and thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My second one went so much faster than my first, too. You look great, and congratulations on a boy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's wonderful that everything is going well! I am just a few weeks further along than you with my first baby. It's all very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I blogged about the bag I won from your blog. Check it out: http://thecoquere.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our baby finally started kicking last Saturday, at 21 weeks! It's sooo nice to be able to feel it after so many months of only feeling sickness!

    ReplyDelete