Tuesday, March 15, 2011

No greater joy

When my children are grown I want to be able to say with the Apostle John, " I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth." He may not have been talking about physical children, but it certainly applies. As a mama, my main purpose in life is to see that my children grow up to serve the Lord. In addition to daily family worship, weekly church attendance, and discipline when necessary, there are a couple of tools we have found that we really love and are using to help teach Katie (and eventually Benjamin, too!) biblical truths.

The first is a set of CD's produced by Songs for Saplings. The CD's go through each question in the Children's Catechism and put them all to music. Katie loves listening to them and I love that they are helping to plant the truths of Scripture in her heart so young.



The other tool we have begun using is a simple children's catechism called "First Catechism." Since Katie is so young, she only knows the answer to the first question ("Who made you?"). We've been working on the second ("What else did God make?") and she can say it with some help.


What do y'all do to impart Scriptural truths to your littlest ones?

2 comments:

  1. Hola Amiga,

    I wanted to tell you about a free ESV audio drama children's bible link. http://www.faithcomesbyhearing.com/ambassador/free-audio-bible-download We play it all day long...well at least 3 times a day when the kids are eating a meal I play a chapter. It even has songs to help the kids remember the bible story. Bekah's favorite is Ester. Also we have been reading these conversion stories to them again fruitful for us too. http://www.amazon.com/Taking-Root-Conversion-Stories-Children/dp/160178001X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1300381042&sr=8-1

    miss you much!!! I would like to see updated pics of the kids plse:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. Jessica! I'm so glad you are keeping in touch with MJ. Thanks for sharing the information. Sounds like something all mamas and daddys should do with their kiddos. God Bless you both of you. Love the pic of Benjamin! He looks just like this grandma with pudgy cheeks:)

    ReplyDelete