Monday, April 11, 2011

Menu Plan, April 11-17



It's amazing how fast the weeks fly by, isn't it? Every Monday when I post our menu plan, I'm always surprised it's Monday again. ha! This Monday has been quite pleasant thus far. I stayed off the computer all morning--it's amazing how much more productive I am when I do that! The house is picked up, the beds are made, the laundry is waiting to be folded (hmm...), and the crockpot is making some white chili for our supper. Katie's napping right now and my little guy is sitting with me on the sofa, belly full of mama's milk. (Have I ever mentioned how much I love being able to stay home with my babes?)

We're having frugal, eat-from-the-pantry and freezer week at our house. I did stop yesterday and pick up produce, milk, butter, eggs and beans (because you can hardly have a frugal week of meals without dry beans!), but I'm mostly using up ingredients we have on hand.

Here's what's on the plan for this week:

Breakfasts: banana baked oatmeal (I just used three ripe, mashed bananas instead of apples) with scrambled eggs, toast with fried eggs, smoothies

Lunch: leftovers, peanut butter toast, smoothies, snacks (fruits, veggies with dip, etc), beans with cabbage and cornbread

Dinners:
White chili
Potato soup, homemade bread
Chicken Parmesan, steamed broccoli, pasta with red sauce
Shredded beef tacos
leftovers
dinner with my in-laws

What are y'all fixing this week?

1 comment:

  1. I also am much more productive when I stay off the computer and give myself more fully to my family! As far as my menu this week goes, I've yet to plan! Unfortunately I let meal planning go when we moved and I'm in a bit of a slump!

    ReplyDelete