Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Menu Plan, February 27-March 4

I mostly stuck to the menu plan last week, though there was one night when I just couldn't eat the meal I had made--so my sweet sister-in-law brought me some of what she had fixed for dinner at the farm. I have continued to have some funky aversions and may or may not have had a 2-day-long craving for greasy, Italian restaurant pizza that I indulged last week. ;)

Ben is also still on the elimination diet (which seems to be helping his asthma, thankfully!), but we are not all following it.

Here's what I have on the menu for this week. What are y'all fixing?

Breakfasts:
Leftover cupcakes
Potato, chicken sausage skillet (with eggs for the children and I)
Baked oatmeal

Lunches:
Leftovers
Smoothies
Snacks

Dinners:
Pizza and game/movie night with the family
Slow cooker Chinese orange chicken, brown rice, steamed veggies
"Burrito bowls" with brown rice, beans, shredded beef, and taco fixings
Leftovers (x2)
Chili
Dinner with Ben's family at their farm

If you need menu planning inspiration, be sure to head over to OrgJunkie's Menu Plan Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Ah, food aversions!! I craved pizza with both of my boys from about 6-12 weeks. In fact, it often was the only food I could keep down!! Hope your aversions pass soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just had the Orange Chicken a few days ago with brown rice! I feel it cooked much quicker than the times listed which made the sauce a little burned/bitter. Have you found that to be the case as well?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Erica, Mine did cook less than what the recipe said. I checked on it and it was definitely done, so I just turned the crockpot to "warm" until dinner.

    @Rachel, I had pizza once last week and once this week (though this week it wasn't necessarily because I was *craving* it--we had dinner with Ben's bachelor brothers and that's what they served ;). I've been thankful this pregnancy that I haven't been anywhere near as exhausted as I was the first two. But definitely the funky food aversions...I guess it's good to know my hormones are doing something! :)

    ReplyDelete