Monday, January 14, 2013

Menu Plan, January 14-20



I am excited to be entering our first full week home from vacation. It's so nice to start fresh--and with a plan! My children all napped at the same time today (boys slept, Katie played in her bed), so that provided some nice refreshment for me even though I worked at the computer. The quiet mid-day sure does wonders for my state of mind. :)

We are getting ready to make a bulk meat purchase in the next couple of weeks, so I tried to plan our meals mostly around what we had on hand already to save some money. I just bought fresh produce and dairy to round out the pantry/freezer stash.

To simplify my life a bit, I'm planning for leftovers every day for lunch. 

Here's what I came up with for the week:

Monday:
Breakfast: Oatmeal
Dinner: Spinach Rice Casserole (made with brown rice and some chicken thrown in), salad, glazed carrots 

Tuesday:
Breakfast: Easy Breakfast Casserole; w/w sourdough toast; fruit
Dinner: Cheddar Cheese Soup with Broccoli, Zucchini, and Carrots; salad; w/w sourdough bread

Wednesday:
Breakfast: Leftovers from Tuesday morning
Dinner: Classic Beef Pot Roast (made with a lovely roast my Aunt gave us for Christmas!), salad

Thursday:
Breakfast: Oatmeal
Dinner: Dinner out to celebrate the wedding of some friends

Friday:
Breakfast: Hashbrowns, scrambled eggs, fruit
Dinner: Slow cooker chicken, mashed sweet potatoes, salad

Saturday:
Breakfast: Easy Breakfast CasseroleHashbrowns, fruit
Dinner: Chicken tacos (from leftover chicken) on w/w sourdough tortillas, rice and beans, fruit

Sunday:
Breakfast: Leftover casserole, w/w sourdough toast, fruit
Dinner: Sunday dinner with family at the farm

Need more inspiration? Be sure to head over to OrgJunkie's Menu Plan Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment