Monday, August 29, 2011

Menu Plan, August 29-September 4




It's hard to believe autumn is already creeping up on us! I think this year has been one of the shortest years of my life (could that be because I've had TWO babies all year this year?). I am really looking forward to the cooler weather that will hopefully be showing its pretty face in the coming weeks. Since our children aren't school-aged yet, I'm looking forward to playing at park in the cooler weather while all the big kids are at school. :)

Anyway, here is what I'm planning to cook up this week. I have a few new recipes on the list that seem simple and delicious--and not overly adventurous. How often do y'all try new recipes?

Breakfasts:
::Cornmeal and rye pancakes (new recipe, will be soaking) with pastured butter and real maple syrup (x2)
::Scrambled eggs, toast, yogurt (x2)
::Egg & Cheese breakfast sandwiches (new recipe--will be freezing some)
 ::Soaked baked oatmeal (x2) (To soak: substitute half water and half plain yogurt for the milk. Combine yogurt/water mixture, oats, and coconut oil or butter for 12-24hrs. Mix in remaining ingredients and bake as usual)

Lunches:
::Smoothies (peanut butter or fruit and yogurt)
::Leftovers
::Snacks

Dinners:
::Homemade taco pizza (new recipe)
::Chihuahua Chili (new recipe), cornbread
::Salmon patties, salad, seasoned baked potato wedges
::Biscuits & gravy, scrambled eggs

What are y'all fixing this week? For menu planning inspiration, be sure to check out OrgJunkie's Menu Plan Monday.

3 comments:

  1. I love smoothies but I've never had a PB smoothie... I'll have to try it this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cornmeal and rye pancakes sound intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Betsy: The peanut butter smoothies are probably one of my favorite foods. They are *so* delicious!

    @Anne: I thought so too! I'll have to let y'all know how they turn out.

    ReplyDelete