Monday, August 8, 2011

Menu Plan, August 8-14






Since we were out of town last week, I hardly had to cook at all. In fact, on Friday when I got home Ben made dinner for me and Saturday my sister-in-law and I made dinner together at the farm. Cooking with someone hardly counts as work--especially when the younger brothers do the dishes!

This week I'm happy to be back in my kitchen, but after doing some schedule reviewing over the weekend I am going to start focusing on streamlining in the kitchen a little more. I want to continue to provide nourishing, real food for my family but spend a little less time in the kitchen while doing it. With that in mind, here's what I have on our  menu for this week:

Breakfasts:
::Soaked baked oatmeal (x2) (To soak: substitute half water and half plain yogurt for the milk. Combine yogurt/water mixture, oats, and coconut oil or butter for 12-24hrs. Mix in remaining ingredients and bake as usual)
::Scrambled eggs with toast (x3)
::Easy breakfast casserole, pan-fried potatoes (x2)

Lunches:::Peanut butter smoothies (x2)
::Fruit and yogurt smoothies (x2)
::Leftovers (x2)
::Snack lunch

Dinners:
(One change here: we've been eating most of our weekend dinners with Ben's family, so realistically I am only fixing dinner four nights a week.)
::Sloppy Chicken Joes, watermelon, green salad
::Chicken and rice salad, green beans
::Cream cheese and chicken red sauce over pasta, salad
::French Toast, sausage, fruit

What are y'all fixing this week? For more inspiration check out OrgJunkie's Menu Plan Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment