Monday, October 17, 2011

10 Goals for this week


Inspired by Crystal's weekly goals posts, I want to share my goals for this week with y'all. I have been meaning to start writing out and working towards weekly goals for quite some time now, and I just haven't done it. I'm hoping some accountability in the form of a blog post will be the shove in the right direction I need.

My main reason for goal-setting is that I do not want to reach the end of my life and regret wasting my days on things that don't really matter. I want to live intentionally and fulfill the tasks the Lord has called me to, making the most of the (limited number of) days He has given me.

With that in mind, here are my goals for the week (minus marriage goals, which I won't be sharing publicly):

Personal:
1. Spend time every day reading Scripture and praying. I am better with this when I'm able to rise early, but the past several weeks, Benjamin has been teething and waking up a couple times every night. I've been too tired too wake up early, but setting aside time for this is important even when I'm sleepy.

2.Work out 3 times.

Mothering:
3. Spend 15 minutes of one-on-one time with Katie every day while Benjamin takes his morning nap.

4. Take the children outside for at least a few minutes every day--before it gets too cold to enjoy much outside play!

5. Take some time while Mom is here to plan an early "preschool" routine for Katie.

6. Work with Katie 5 minutes in the morning and 5 minutes in the evening, teaching her to keep her room clean.

Homemaking:

7. Do my daily chores every day, including a load of laundry from start to finish.

8. Organize our freezer (which I've been having a hard time shutting every time I open it to get something out!).

Business:
9. Work 1 1/2 hours per day for my part-time job from home.

10. Work on coming up with a marketing plan for Ben's business.

Crystal is hosting a weekly goals link-up today. Head over there to share your goals for the week!

1 comment:

  1. I've found doing a load of laundry daily or every other day really helps keep it under control! :) It's amazing how much laundry children generate, although I love folding the small clothes!

    ReplyDelete