Monday, October 10, 2011

Menu Plan, October 10-16



I did some impromptu freezer cooking throughout the week last week. It's a little bit of extra work, but it's so nice to have quick meals in the freezer--especially for lunch. My go-to lunch for months and months has been a delicious smoothie, but smoothie season is quickly coming to a halt as cooler weather moves in. We're not big on sandwiches since good quality sandwich meats are so pricey, but I love being able to have something quick at lunchtime so I don't have to spend a whole lot more time in the kitchen. Since I'm on a kick, I'm planning to double and freeze several recipes throughout the week this week, too. 

Here's what I've got planned:

Breakfasts:
Breakfast burritos (scrambled eggs, crumbled sausage, black beans, cheese, salsa, and sour cream in a tortilla)
Pancake and sausage muffins (I made these last week and they were great! I'm going to double and soak the recipe and freeze some), scrambled eggs
Soaked whole wheat bread, scrambled eggs
Soaked baked oatmeal

Lunches:
Taco corn fritters (from the freezer), beans, carrot sticks
Chicken taco soup (from the freezer)
Super simple bean burritos (going to make a double batch and freeze--I made the tortillas last week)
Snack lunch
Leftovers

Dinners:
Potato soup (I use chicken broth instead of water and skip the bullion)
Salmon patties, brown rice with steamed veggies
Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, salad
Homemade breakfast hot pockets (going to freeze a bunch for quick breakfasts), applesauce
Homemade pizza pockets (going to freeze some of these too), salad

What are y'all cooking this week?

This post is linked to Menu Plan Monday and the Plan-It-Don't-Panic Challenge.



4 comments:

  1. Your menu looks great! I also love having easy meals/lunches stuffed away in the freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an answer to prayer! lol. I def have been struggling with trying to "do" quick and easy lunches. Looks like I'll be trying out some of the recipes and freezing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole: I know what you mean. I just really don't have time most days to cook three meals. Ben really likes a hot breakfast (and so do I--I've been pregnant, nursing, or both long enough that I'm pretty dependent on a high protein breakfast!) and of course, I like to fix dinner in the evenings. Cooking lunch every day just takes so much extra time--I *love* having truly fast lunch options available. It makes the days so much smoother. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie: I really enjoyed clicking around your blog. Your recipes look great! I'm your newest facebook follower. ;)

    ReplyDelete