Monday, January 30, 2012

Goals for this week

Bullseye!

Last week's goals went pretty well. I was encouraged to see that I got almost all of them crossed off, meaning I'm making progress towards my goals for this year.

Here's a review of last week's goals:
Personal:
-Read through Genesis 47 (still following this Chronological Bible Reading Plan)
-Memorize Psalm 119:7-8, continue reviewing verses 1-6
-Finish reading Shepherding a Child's Heart and choose a book to read in February.  {I'm planning to read The Money Saving Mom's Budget
-Stay within my Weight Watchers point allowance for the week. {I'm only one pound away from my wedding day weight--yay!)
-Do the  Postnatal Bootcamp 2  workout at least three times.

Parenting:
-Help Katie memorize Catechism Question #6, continue reviewing #1-5 daily.  {We missed reviewing a couple days, but she still knows all the answers for numbers 1-6, so I consider this goal completed}
-Spend time one-on-one with Katie each day during Benjamin's morning nap. Continue reading The Complete Tales of Winnie-the-Pooh.
-Pick one or two baby books to read specifically to Benjamin each day. {I read to him every day, but it wasn't always baby books read specifically to him}

Education:
-Design pregnancy tea for a unit project using bulk herbs I purchased (no, I'm not pregnant that I know of--it's just part of an assignment!) {Started on this, but it needs some definite tweaking.}
-Complete Unit 6 of the Family Herbalist course and pass exam.

Homemaking:
-Continue deculttering 15 minutes per day at least 3-4 days. This week I will be working on the Master Bedroom (FlyLady's Zone 4).  {I missed a couple days, but did a longer decluttering session one day to make up for it}
-Finish making a detailed two-week menu plan and grocery list for the elimination diet we'll be starting on Thursday.


Now, for this week's goals:

Personal:
-Read Genesis 48-Exodus 18
-Memorize Psalm 119:9-10
-Read the first three chapters of The Money Saving Mom's Budget
-Stay within my Weight Watchers points allowance for the week
-Do Postnatal Boot Camp 2 , part 2 workout at least three times

Parenting:
-Continue spending one-on-one time with Katie daily during Benjamin's morning nap.
-Work with Katie to memorize the seventh question in her children's catechism, continue reviewing questions 1-6
-Work with the children to clean up their room each evening before bed (our habit for February)
-Read to Benjamin each day.

Education:
-"Perfect" my herbal pregnancy tea
-Do the reading for Unit 7 of the Family Herbalist course

Homemaking:
-Continue decluttering 15 minutes, three to four days per week using FlyLady's method. This week I'll be in the living area.

What are your goals for this week? If you need some goal-setting inspiration, be sure to head over to Money Saving Mom.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You did great with last weeks goals! I want to start doing weekly goals but I think I'll wait until I have the baby. I'm 33 weeks and I don't have much energy for doing things - I'm afraid I'll get discouraged with not being able to do them... My husband & I are doing the same reading plan as you! :) It's been going really well. :)

    I'd be really interested in what you are putting in your pregnancy tea! Sounds like a great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing your list of goals each week. It has inspired me to start posting my goals too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @A Restful Place: Congratulations on your sweet baby. I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well. :) I'm definitely all about setting *achievable* goals rather than making an unrealistic list of things I'd like to do if every one of my days goes off without a hitch (which NEVER happens, ever. ;)

    @Simplelittleblessings: I read your list. Hope all goes well!

    ReplyDelete