Monday, January 2, 2012

Menu Plan, January 2-8

Can y'all believe 2011 has come and gone and it's already January? The whole year really flew by for me--I think at least in part because Benjamin was born at the end of 2010.

I love beginning a new year. Ben, the kids, and I are visiting my parents this week, which is such a blessing. We arrived in Florida on Christmas Eve and we're planning to stay through Sunday, and leave reeeeeeally early next Monday morning.

One of my favorite things about visits with my parents is getting to plan and cook meals with Mom. We don't have a plan for lunches. Mom & Dad eat leftovers for lunch pretty often, and there's always stuff for smoothies around too. Here's what we have planned for this week:


Breakfasts:
Baked oatmeal x2
Blueberry Coffee Cake muffins
Baked Pull-Apart Pumpkin French Toast
Arepas with eggs, ham, and cheese
Huevos Rancheros

Dinners:
Grilled chicken, black eyed peas, cornbread, coleslaw
Mom's chicken tacos (recipe to come!), brown rice, black beans
Out to eat with Mom and the kids while Ben and Dad are at Bible study
Women's fellowship--Mom and I are bringing arepas, black beans, and cheesecake (YUM!)
Filet Mignon with Pepper Cream Sauce, mashed potatoes, green beans, salad
Dinner with friends (not sure what we're bringing yet)
Wedding
Sunday dinner--not sure what yet

What are y'all fixing this week? If you need some inspiration, be sure to check out OrgJunkie's Menu Plan Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment