Monday, January 16, 2012

Menu Plan, January 16-22


I hope y'all had a great weekend! We are getting ready to start an elimination diet next week to see if we can find a way to improve my husband's asthma, so this week I'm working to clean out the pantry and save some grocery money since we're not going to be eating dairy, corn, gluten, peanut, egg, and soy (this isn't a big deal, as we're usually mostly soy-free anyway)for at least two weeks (and then we'll slowly add foods back in to see how they affect his symptoms) and I'll need to buy some speciality groceries to get us through the period.

That said, here's what I have on the menu for this week:

Breakfasts:
Cranberry chocolate chip muffins (x2)
Leftover baked oatmeal (from this weekend), scrambled eggs
Egg, sausage, potato, spinach skillet (x2)
Cranberry oatmeal pancakes
Pumpkin baked oatmeal (I haven't found a recipe yet--any links for me?)

Lunches:
Leftovers
Quesadillas, fruit
Snack lunch

Dinners:
Leftover country fried venison steak, green beans, and mashed potatoes
Chili, cornbread
Leftover chili (we go to a prayer meeting on Wednesday nights, so I try to plan leftovers or something really simple)
Mexican lasagna
Homemade pizza, salad, fruit
Mini-meatloaves, green beans, mashed potatoes
Sunday dinner with Ben's family

What are y'all cooking this week? If you need some inspiration, head over to OrgJunkie's Menu Plan Monday



4 comments:

  1. The Mexican lasagna sounds great! I made a huge batch of black beans last week in the crock pot. I will definitely give this a try. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have severe asthma. The biggest food related trigger for me is dairy products. If I stay away from dairy it is manageable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the diet. We love pumpkin baked oatmeal. This is a recipe I got from Lynn's kitchen Adventures. Its a great site. I adapt the recipe a little to our taste...aka whole can of pumpkin, more cinnamon and less sugar. Its great as is as well. Enjoy

    Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal
    3 cups quick cooking oats
    ½ cup brown sugar
    1 cup milk
    2 tablespoons butter
    2 eggs
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    ¾ teaspoon salt
    2 teaspoons vanilla
    ½ teaspoon cinnamon (or tsp of pumpkin pie spice)
    1 can pumpkin
    ¼ cup brown sugar (for the top)
    In a large bowl mix together all ingredients except the ¼ cup brown sugar for the top.
    Spread into a greased 9×13 pan.
    Sprinkle remaining ¼ cup brown sugar on top.
    Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
    Serve with milk and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Check into the primal/paleo diet if you get a chance. Some wonderful recipes and some people have had luck getting rid of asthma by changing their diet.

    perfecthealthdiet.com is another great resource!

    Good luck to you on your elimination diet!

    ReplyDelete