Friday, May 14, 2010

Can I blame it all on double mommy brain?

What a week! Between being tired and not-all-there from growing a little one in my tummy and chasing a VERY active(!) toddler all day, I think my brain is all but gone. This week was just completely full of fails (not the least of which were blog posts written and left unpublished!). Throughout the week, I've been compiling a list in my mind, but I can't seem to remember them all (another fail--I *have* to write these things down), so here's a sampling...



::The week started off with drying the one load of laundry I did last week (Did you catch that? I only did one load of laundry last week, and it sat in the wash for almost a full week.). Today, I finally started making my way through the huge, massive, unbelievable, worst-it's-ever-been pile of laundry in our bedroom. A lot of it doesn't fit in the hamper, so it's just a big mess on our floor. Romantic, no? I have actually had to go into my maternity clothes and wear a couple shirts because I was completely out of shirts! To add to the lovely atmosphere in our bedroom, I made the bed today for the first time in a couple weeks (ahem).

::Just in case that's not enough, in my fridge is a crockpot full of beans that I cooked to bag up in 2-cup portions and freeze. Problem is? I cooked them before I went to Florida April 13 and I ran out of freezer bags and wasn't able to freeze them before I left. The month old beans are still there...is a highly reactive first trimester gag reflex a good excuse for just leaving them?

::About a week ago, I decided to stop using my nonstick pans in favor of my healthier stainless steal cookware. This week, I've managed to burn my large skillet and my medium sized sauce pan to the point of needing to scrub them with something more than a soapy sponge and/or scrubber, except I don't have anything to do the job. Should I use steel wool or something else?

::Now for my mommy fail of the week. When I'm pregnant, I sleep really soundly. My sister-in-law, her husband, and their sweet baby boy are visiting and our guest room is right next to Katie's room. Apparently last night, Katie cried (screamed?) from 12 to 1, and then again at 4, and I didn't hear her at all! So, she kept our company awake all that time (and also woke up their baby) and I didn't hear a peep. In fact, I woke up this morning so pleased that she had slept a full 11 hours. Ha! Maybe it's time to hook up the baby monitor?

And to think that's not the full list! Maybe it's best I forgot some of my fails for the week lest I scare you all away... ;)

For more fails, head over to Friday Fails at My Blessed Life.

4 comments:

  1. I've had weeks like that, too. I blame everything on "mommy brain" and I'm not pregnant anymore so I think you can use "mommy brain" as an excuse :) I write everything down and still sometimes forget stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use a cleaner called bar keepers friend on my stainless pans. I've even used borax in a pinch. Soak and then a little elbow grease and they'll be good as new.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I haven't made my bed in about a week either! And it's okay! :) I've managed to keep most of my house pretty clean but our master bedroom is a whole other story!

    As for your stainless steel pots, try Bar Keepers Friend! It works wonders for stainless! I purchase mine at Lowes, it's a few dollars a "can"! (Proof of its power: http://frugalandsimple.com/2010/03/26/leaving-a-burner-on/)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I COMPLETELY understand! I have 2 toddlers and a 7 week old. Reading this made me feel normal.

    My 2 year old turned an eye on our stove and scorched my best pot several months ago. Steel worked great. It is still stained, but works great.

    ReplyDelete