Saturday, May 8, 2010

A Mother's Day Tribute for my Mom

Just about everyone says they have the best mom in the world...but as far as I'm concerned, they're all wrong but me. :) Since holding my sweet baby girl in my arms for the first time 14 and a half months ago, I have grown so much in appreciation for my mom. I've learned of (some of) the sacrifices of motherhood, and remember my mom making them with so much joy and loving and supporting me through it all.


I realize more and more everyday that my mom is one of God's most amazing gifts to me. Since many miles now separate us, talking on the phone has had to replace our frequent get-togethers and weekly dinner out. As I've grown and matured into a wife and mother myself, my own mother has truly become one of my very closest friends. She is a constant source of encouragement and I have become the woman I am largely because of her influence on me.


There was a time in my life when I took my mom for granted. I thought (like so many foolish teenagers) that I knew it all and needed to teach her a thing or two. Not any more. My mom is an amazing woman; she's a faithful servant of Christ, an amazing wife (and excellent example for me), an amazing mom, and now, a wonderful Grandma. I could not have asked for a better mom than the one the Lord gave me; she is certainly a blessing I don't deserve, but I'm so thankful the Lord was kind enough to make her my mom anyway.

I love you, Mom. Happy Mother's Day.

This post is linked to Finer Things Friday.

2 comments:

  1. It is amazing how our own attitudes change toward our mothers when we became mothers ourselves. When we became mothers we began to see just how amazing our mothers are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Mary Jo: Your tribute made me cry. You have been a daughter I continue to learn from. I need to remember to thank God each day for giving me the privilege to be your mom. It has been beautiful growing close to the Lord along side of you. I look forward to many more years of learning from you my dear daughter. Happy Mother's Day to You! God Bless you with many more. Love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete