Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Gratituesday: A Heartbeat


I have so much to be thankful for this week! We were able to meet with a wonderful home birth midwife yesterday for a consultation and are planning to move forward with her. I had my first prenatal appointment with Katie at 7 weeks, 3 days. I definitely see the importance of good prenatal care in addition to having a qualified midwife at our birth. I'm really happy with our decision and can't wait to start seeing her for regular prenatal check-ups!

Perhaps even more exciting than choosing a midwife, though, was getting to hear our sweet babe's heartbeat for the first time! Since I'm 10 weeks today, the midwife thought there was a chance we could hear, so we gave it a shot. Sure enough--a sweet, twice-as-fast-as-mine heartbeat. Of course I knew there was someone in there, but hearing the heart beat was such a joy and comfort to this mama!

"...My soul doth magnify the Lord, and my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour. For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed. For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name." (Luke 1:46-49)

Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

5 comments:

  1. YAY! Congrats on your newest life! :)
    heatherives.squarespace.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who is your midwife? I live in bedford and I had a homebirth. It was wonderful.
    God bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blessing! Congratulations! I loved hearing the heartbeat during my pregnancies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to seeing you, and as I look forward to our visit, I am reminded of the first time I heard your sweet heartbeat, and the exitement it brought to me also. Thanks for keeping us posted. Love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Renee,

    I am going to be using Leslie Payne from Traditional Midwifery of Lynchburg. She's not super close, but she's the closest we could find. :) Who did you use?

    -Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete