Wednesday, May 5, 2010

My Sweet Katie

At just over 14 months, Katie brings so much joy (and excitement!) into our lives. Watching her grow and learn is certainly one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. She is mostly happy (and obeys "no" usually--though certainly not always. We're working on it!), which has been really nice since I haven't been feeling my best lately. Just this week, she has learned to throw away trash, put toys away, and kiss boo-boos (which she is happy, also, to point out on mommy & daddy, and of course, herself!). She says "bye-bye" (more like "buh-buh") and "baby" ("buh-bee"), and loves to pick "owers" (flowers) from the yard. And, one of my personal favorites--she has finally taken to calling me "Mamamamama" consistently!


I have been amazed at how quickly she's been picking up new words and concepts lately, and I am trying to do my best to nurture that, as well as enjoy my time at home with her as much as I can. I am learning every day how fast time goes by and how quickly she'll be all grown up (*sniffle*)!

This post is linked to Wordless Wednesday (even though it's not so wordless!).

5 comments:

  1. She is so precious! You mst feel so blessed! :)

    Many Blessings,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so adorable! It's great watching them grow and learn, but also sad. My youngest will be 2 soon and I'm not ready to admit that he's no longer my baby. =(

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blessing children are

    ReplyDelete
  4. she is so cute! love those blue eyes!

    ReplyDelete