Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Homemade Seasoned Oven Fries

I used to always buy frozen fries to bake at home, not realizing how simple (not to mention so much healthier!) it was to make my own from scratch. I originally got the recipe from my Betty Crocker cookbook, but have tweaked it some.

 Dinner tonight. I'd been craving a burger for days. It was so delicious!

1 teaspoon salt (I use sea salt)
1/2 teaspoon Sucanat (sugar would work, though)
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
a dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
shredded cheese (optional)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3-4 potatoes, cut into wedges (I usually cut each potato into 8 wedges)

Put the potato wedges in a bowl, and pour some olive oil in, making sure to coat the potatoes. Mix the seasonings together and add them to the potatoes. Spread potatoes on a cookie sheet and bake at 425* for 25-30 minutes. Sometimes, I broil them for a minute or two to crisp them up a little better before we eat.

This recipe literally takes less than 15 minutes to throw together, and even using organic potatoes, it costs just a little over $1 to make enough for our family. I love making a healthier version of something we love for so cheap!

This post is linked to Tasty Tuesday,Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, and Ultimate Recipe Swap.

3 comments:

  1. My husband just asked me the other day to make seasoned fries and I had completely forgotten his request. Thanks for the recipe - I'm going to surprise him tomorrow night with these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were delicious when you prepared them on your last visit. And so easy to make too! Thanks for sharing the recipe:) Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds good--I'll have to try it out!

    ReplyDelete