Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Biblical Hospitality


Nicole over at Historic Homemaking put up an excellent post yesterday about the homemaker's call to Biblical hospitality. Here's a glimpse:

We live in a society that tells us it's okay to get away with being greedy and selfish with our resources, because... well, sometimes, we just don't have enough of them to merit the sharing.  If that isn't upside-down and topsy turvy from the Kingdom of God, then I don't know what is...

But, here's the beautiful part of this entire hospitality journey.  I find that in giving my humble loaf of bread and two fish, the Christ who called me to minister hospitality multiplies the offering and there is never any lack. Our family has discovered that if we give in our need, He is faithful and has never left us forsaken. 

Head here to read the rest!

PS: I've known Nicole since I was about 12 or 13 when we attended the same church. We weren't super close back then but have re-connected as Christ-loving wives and mamas. She has been posting a lot of GREAT things lately. I'd highly encourage you to browse her archives when you get a chance. :)


2 comments:

  1. Hi MJ:
    Thanks so much. I have learned a valuable lesson in this post:) You are so hospitable with whatever you have, and you so enjoy sharing all that you have. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I totally missed this post! Thanks MJ! :) I'm super honored! :) Wow... *speechless* ;)

    ReplyDelete