Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Benjamin, 4 Months

Another month has come and gone and my little man is already four months old! One third of a year already--at least in my experience, time goes by so much faster after having children. I can recall days prior to motherhood that seemed to just drag on, and I even have {vague} memories of saying, "I'm SO bored." Never again. ha!



Anyway, Benjamin is growing really fast, weighing in at a whopping 19 pounds a couple weeks ago when I weighed him. How crazy is that? He's going to outgrow his infant carrier soon at the rate he's going! Katie didn't switch to her convertible car seat until after her first birthday. Don't ask what I'm feeding him--he's eating the same good mama's milk his sister got! :)

For some other four month details:

::He nurses every 3 to 4 hours during the day and has finally started sleeping 5-6 hours consistently at night. I put him down around 8, nurse him at 10:30 or so (whenever I'm ready to go to bed) and he wakes up between 5 and 6 to eat, and then sleeps another couple hours.

::He slept in a SwaddleMe until Saturday, when I found him wailing in his bed because he had rolled over in it, had his face planted in the mattress and couldn't move because his arms were in the swaddle.

::Pretty much any time I lay him down on his back on his play mat, he rolls to his tummy. Usually he's not very happy to be on his tummy once he gets there, but he hasn't figured out how to roll back over yet.

::Benjamin is wearing mostly 3-6 month clothes, though he is beginning to outgrow some of those and is wearing some 6-9 month clothes already. We're still using almost exclusively cloth diapers, but when he does wear a disposable, he's in size 2.

Benjamin is such a delightful little guy. He's usually all smiles and adds so much joy to our family. He loves his daddy and his big sister, but for now, he's definitely more of a mama's boy and he loves to snuggle and be talked to. If he gets over-tired or really hungry he cries, but other than that he's almost always content.


And because she's so precious, here's a picture of my sweet Katie girl from Easter Sunday.

3 comments:

  1. He is so adorable, and must be such a blessing to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe he is 4 months already! Time does go by faster as a mama but watching little ones grow is wonderful! So happy Benjamin is such a healthy baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! He is completely adorable!! It's amazing how fast they grow. My daughter will be 4 months next week, but it seems like just last week that I was impatiently waiting for her to arrive!

    ReplyDelete