Monday, May 2, 2011

Menu Plan, May 2-8


I've implemented a few changes in our diet over the past couple weeks that I'm really excited about. The first is homemade yogurt, which I'll share more about later this week! I've also made it a goal to serve fish at least once per week. I suspect this will usually occur in the form of canned (wild, Alaskan) salmon made into patties and fried, though any other recommendations for serving canned salmon would be appreciated! I never come across great deals on wild-caught fish around here, but if I do, I will experiment some. I have never been much of a fish person, but I want my family to have all the benefits fish offers. Something else I've been trying to do is soak our grains (I've only done oats so far, but I'm hoping to eventually branch out). Do any of y'all soak your family's grains?

Anyway, here's what we're planning to eat this week. What are y'all fixing?

Breakfasts:
Apple baked oatmeal (I plan to soak the oats in a half yogurt, half water mixture overnight) bacon (nitrate free), and eggs (x3)
Toast with cream cheese, fried eggs (x2)
Fluffy banana oat pancakes, scrambed eggs (x2)

Lunches:
Rice and bean burritos (x3)
Smoothies with peanut butter toast (x2)
Leftovers/snacks (x2)

Dinners:
Monday~ Italian cream cheese chicken casserole, salad
Tuesday~ leftovers
Wednesday~ Chili
Thursday~ leftovers
Friday~ Salmon patties, seasoned potato wedges, green beans
Saturday~ Homemade pizza (with nitrate/nitrite/anti-biotic free pepperoni), salad
Sunday~ at the farm with my in-laws

For more menu plans, head over to OrgJunkie's Menu Plan Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment