Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Details

So, for those of you who would like a few more details about our newest addition, here they are! By the way, thank you so, so much for all your sweet comments. I have just been on Cloud 9 today, and reading them has been such a joy! Onto the details...

The due date calculator on Baby Center says Baby is due on December 21 (exactly one week after my 21st birthday!). Katie will be just about 22 months old when the due date rolls around. I am 4 weeks & 2 days along, and baby is the size of a poppy seed (awww).

I am feeling really good, though that's not much of a surprise this early on. I have had a couple times over the past few days when I was nauseous briefly, and two or three mornings ago, I gagged when I brushed my teeth--that was a big hint for me, since that hadn't happened since early in my pregnancy with Katie! I just took the test this morning, and I really could hardly believe my little brown eyes when I saw the second pink line show up! I have just been floating around in newly-pregnant bliss all day. Since Ben wasn't here with me when I took the test, I told him over the phone. He is absolutely thrilled, too.

As I mentioned before, we weren't sure whether I'd be able to get pregnant before Katie was weaned, so knowing I can is such a blessing! It's so nice to not wonder in the back of my mind whether my continuing to nurse my daughter is prolonging infertility. I plan to nurse her until she weans herself, though I won't be tandem nursing, so if it gets close to the due date and she isn't weaned, I'll work towards weaning her.

What an amazing joy it is to have a second precious baby growing in my womb. I believe I have just as much wonder and awe and excitement as I did when I found out I was pregnant with Katie. Truly, children are a gift from the Lord, and we are honored that He would see fit to give us not just one, but two children, to raise up for His glory.

7 comments:

  1. How sweet and exciting! Congratulations again! :)

    Many Blessings,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Mary Jo! What a blessing to welcome another covenant child! My Penny (she is 2) was born on December 11! Christmas was really low key that year! Haha! Our pastor asked us to light the advent candle at the Christmas Eve service. And Penny had a messy diaper as soon as we got to church. Ah, the memories! Congrats, again! Can't wait to hear how #2 goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoo! Now the fun starts again:)hugs ans kisses, jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! I visit your blog often and love reading about your little family .... and now it is growing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! My 3rd daughter was born on December 22. Such a sweet time of year to have a baby!! Oh, poo...ANY time of year is a sweet time to have a baby! :)

    I nursed my first until I was 22 weeks pregnant with my 2nd (she self-weaned). And I nursed my 2nd until I was 16 weeks pregnant with my 3rd (she also self-weaned). A lot of times, when weaning milk kicks in, they will self-wean. Just remember, you're not eating and drinking for two - you're really doing it for THREE - so you'll especially need to up your water intake!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gina, I have noticed I've been especially thirsty the last several days. I reckon it's because I'm drinking water for three!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! I'm very happy for you. :)

    ReplyDelete