Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Grace of God



Yesterday, one of my dearest friends (who was my Maid of Honor just a short two years ago) found out she has a rare form of Lymphoma. Hearing her news really shook up my little world. Suddenly, the fact that my house is a big mess, that I dropped our laptop last week and can't get it to work, that business is still slow...and whatever other problems I perceive I have, became very minuscule in my mind.

I talked with her on the phone last night for a few short minutes. She is facing eight months of intense chemotherapy--quite probably some of the hardest and most uncomfortable months of her life, and she was in better spirits than I was. She comforted me through my tears. She told me, very calmly, about all the tests they were going to run and what the doctors had told her. And then she assured me it was okay. She told me of the awesome peace she has in Christ, and the grace He is giving her to weather this storm.

I called hoping to encourage her, and instead came away encouraged. And I couldn't help but think what an amazing testimony she is to the power of the grace of God to change a person and give them strength in the face of even the most daunting and scary of circumstances.

Photo Credit

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful tribute to Leah! God Bless You. Love you soooo much my little girl. Mom

    ReplyDelete