Saturday, April 10, 2010

Savings for the Week

I wasn't really impressed with the sales at Kroger this week, so I just picked up a few really good mark downs, as well as a couple things to make some meals to leave behind for my sweet husband while I'm gone next week.

I snagged some organic butter that was marked down to $1.89/lb (can I just say, it makes my heart flutter to get a great deal on organic butter?), and also got a few bags of organic tortilla chips marked down to $0.99/bag. I especially like organic tortilla chips because they are made with non-genetically modified corn, which is rare in America these days! We were running low on olive oil, so I picked up a bottle of Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil that was on sale. The Sobe Lifewater was on sale for $1 and I had two Buy One Get One coupons, so I got four bottles of that as well. On a second quick trip today, I got some organic red delicious apples on sale for $0.99/lb and some tortillas for brown bag burritos to leave in the freezer for Ben. In total, I spent about $20 this week, and Ben should have plenty of healthy, yummy food to eat while Katie and I are gone!  I'm going to spend some time tomorrow preparing some goodies for him.

Did you get any super deals this week?

2 comments:

  1. Super deals Mary Jo. .99 a lb for red delicious apples is great. They are $1.99 a lb here, and that's on sale. See you Tuesday. Love. Mom

    ReplyDelete