Friday, April 23, 2010

Losing It Challenge: To Be Continued in 2011


Since we got the news just over a week ago that our second wee one is on the way, I have to resign from this challenge early since trying to lose weight is not the best idea while you're pregnant and breastfeeding (Y'all--I have been soo hungry. And, drinking water like a camel.). However, I am thankful I was able to participate in the challenge up to this point (though I must confess I didn't make it the whole time without sweets *blush*), because I did lose some weight and I'm hoping I'll carry on in eating healthy and exercising throughout the pregnancy so Baby & I stay healthy for the next just-under-8-months, and so I have less weight to work off next year when I attempt to lose the weight from two pregnancies (since I'm starting this one with some leftovers from my pregnancy with Katie). 

While I was hoping to make it to the end of the challenge, it did occur to me that I may have had to quit early if I got pregnant before it was over (remember? I was hoping for another baby). And, I couldn't be more excited that I do.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your happy news! Have you read Simply Mel's blog today? She too is expecting!

    I'm thankful that this is not "contagious!" lol

    Blessings to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I just announced my pregnancy today on my Losing It post too! I was told to come over and check you out because you were giving me a run for my money-LOL! So awesome.
    God bless. I'm ten pounds lighter thanks to the challenge and hope to keep exercising and eating well so it won't be hard to jump back on the wagon once the baby is born.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! It's wonderful that we've seen pregnancies from this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just reading a few days ago about you hoping for a second child. It is great to read your news. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If losing weight means I will get pregnant, I'm resigning right now. At 57, that would be scary -- and next to impossible. :) Congratulations on YOUR good news, however! Babies are a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!! I think a pregnancy is the PERFECT reason to resign from Losing It! :)

    ReplyDelete