Tuesday, April 27, 2010

He loves me.


This pregnancy has been more difficult so far than my pregnancy with Katie. I have been more tired and more nauseous (and much more emotionally fragile!), earlier in pregnancy. I try to remind myself throughout the day that there is a precious babe in my womb and he or she is completely worth every moment of discomfort I have! Today makes 6 weeks of pregnancy, and the halfway mark of the first trimester.

I have been feeling somewhat useless lately (though, I guess since I'm growing a wee one inside me, I'm not completely useless!). When I look around and see yesterday's dishes, clutter all over, and I hardly feel like standing up, much less cleaning it all, it can be discouraging. When I have a "feel good" day or hour, it's hard to know what to tackle first.

I said all that to say (yes, I like using my words. ha!), I am so thankful for my sweet husband. He has been so amazing since the pregnancy symptoms have come full-force. He has put up with tears cried over nothing (and being snapped at a few times), a messier house, some complaining from his wife (ahem), and he has not uttered a single complaint. Instead, he has gone out of his way to help with Katie and around the house. Just this morning, he kept Katie for an hour and a half while I slept in. When I woke up feeling refreshed, I discovered he had also cleaned the kitchen. It was such a lovely surprise (especially considering what a wreck the kitchen had been!). :)

My husband's extra sacrifice during this early stage of pregnancy is so appreciated, and such a wonderful picture of Christ's love for His bride. What a blessing to be loved by both my husband and my Savior, and to have such a wonderful reminder of both loves during this season of life.

Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post! A godly husband is such a blessing, I would know because I have one myself. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just beautiful. And what a wonderful husband! You are absolutely doing important work. Growing a baby is a big project! I remember feeling exhausted and worthless when pregnant with my second child (and I had a 6 month old) and I told my husband I hadn't gotten anything done that day... He replied, "Actually, I think you built a lung and that's a lot more than I did." :) Yay for great hubbies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how women do it without a supportive husband, ya know? This is my 2nd pregnancy, and the symptoms started so much earlier, too. I think having a toddler to look after is what makes it seem more exhausting. I go to bed tired, and wake up the same. :)

    ReplyDelete