Monday, April 26, 2010

Menu Plan, April 26-May 2

I can already tell that for the next 6 weeks or so, menu planning is going to be rough. Nausea and food aversions have already come full force. Since the grocery store is 20 miles away,  I can't send Ben out every day to get my latest craving. Thus, having some sort of plan is imperative. We may end up eating at my in-laws' more frequently until I feel better about kitchen smells (and food in general), but here's what I can make this week assuming the thought of it doesn't make my stomach church when dinner time rolls around:

Breakfast: I'm trying to stick with a high protein breakfast of eggs, meat, and sprouted grain bread with butter most days. But, we do have some cold cereal on hand, and pancakes are always a possibility as well.

Lunch: We've been sort of just snacking at lunchtime. Leftovers, smoothies, fresh produce, cheese, quesadillas, etc...whatever sounds good and is decently healthy.

Snacks: yogurt, bread and butter or cream cheese, fruit (oranges are especially appealing as of late), carrot sticks

Dinner:
-Beef Stroganoff with brown rice and steamed broccoli
-Sloppy Cornbread, steamed broccoli (broccoli has been about the only green vegetable with appeal as of late, so I bought two big heads of organic broccoli this weekend at Kroger)
-homemade whole wheat pizza (with--you guessed it--steamed broccoli)

What are y'all eating this week? For a few hundred other menu plans, be sure to check out OrgJunkie's Menu Plan Monday.

1 comment:

  1. That's funny that you are only interested in broccoli... during my first trimester, the only vegetable I could tolerate was salad! I hope you get to feeling better soon! Some people have different experiences with each pregnancy so maybe you won't be sick as long this time around.

    ReplyDelete