Wednesday, April 4, 2012

4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Day 3

For those who weren't here yesterday, I'm joining in Money Saving Mom's 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home this month. It's so exciting to have two really productive days in a row!

Today's assignments were:

::Get dressed in something that makes you feel great.
::Sit down with a cup of coffee or tea, refer to your list of weekly goals, and make a list of no more than 5-7 specific things you want to accomplish today.
::Complete your morning routine 
::Set the timer for 15 minutes and do a quick-clean of your bedroom: throw out any trash, put away items that are out of place, get rid of clutter, tidy up, vacuum, and make your bed.
::Clean out your freezer(s). 
::Find 7 items to get rid of today. Throw them out, stick them in a donate or garage sale box, give them to a friend who can use them, or list them on Craigslist or eBay.
I managed to get through all of them!

The day started off with my getting dressed (though I'm sort of at that awkward stage where maternity clothes are too big and regular clothes make me look kind of fat--so I can't say it made me feel "great"), and then nursing Benjamin while I read my Bible.

The morning routine I made for myself includes (1)getting dressed to shoes, (2)nursing Benjamin while reading my Bible, (3)tidy my room and the bathroom, (4)start a load of laundry, (5)get breakfast going.

After breakfast, I made a to-do list for the day and took the kids for a long walk. I was a little worn out when we got back (from pushing the double stroller up hill!), so I rested for a while before I fixed lunch.

I've had a thing for hamburgers lately (and my hemoglobin was on the low end when I had my first prenatal labs, so maybe my body is just craving the extra meat) so I made venison burgers for lunch. Shortly after lunch, I got the kids down for naps (it took a looong time for them to get settled in!) and did some work for my work-at-home job. After I finished what I needed to for today, the kids were still napping so I jumped into cleaning.

I tidied up our bedroom for the allotted 15 minutes and then worked on the freezer.

It wasn't too bad. I only threw away one or two things. The worst part was that some bananas had thawed and refrozen, but not before some goop leaked out of the bags, so I had to scrub that up.


The only hard thing about our freezer is that it doesn't have any shelves. I know I could get some, I just never think of it when I'm out! It was good to have it all cleaned up though.
 

By the time I was finishing up the kids both woke up grumpy from their naps. After I got them settled down (with help from Ben who happened to be home early, which I was so thankful for!), I cleaned up the rest of the kitchen, did some prenatal yoga (I never did yoga until I got this pregnancy workout DVD set, but it feels SO good and is very relaxing), vacuumed, showered, and got the kids bathed.

Now, we're enjoying an evening with Ben's family to celebrate his youngest brother's birthday.

It was a very full and productive day, by God's grace! Are any of you joining in?

3 comments:

  1. I am joining in :) Wow! You have quite the busy day. Good job for your accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work! You had a full day!

    I'm joining in also, and it's been fun to see the progress that just a couple days can bring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. joining in and loving this!

    ReplyDelete