Monday, April 30, 2012

Menu Plan, April 30-May 6


May already? Yikes! The days are flying a little too fast for this Mama.

I've been checking the weather when I do my weekly menu planning because it's been so eratic around here--90* one day, cold and rainy the next! This week looks to be a mix of both, so I've planned accordingly. The main reason it matters is because Ben's shop isn't air conditioned, so I like to serve him a cooler, less heavy meal on days when it's been really hot. He hasn't ever complained, but I don't think he'd love coming home to a bowl of stew on such a day, ya know?

Now that dairy has been successfully added into Ben's diet, he's experimenting with adding eggs back in. This week's menu plan will reflect that change (and here's hoping he does fine with eggs, because we love them around here--and since he hasn't been eating them, I've been spending around $12/week on the only sausage in our grocery store that he can eat!).

As another note, we just ordered 1/4 of a grass-fed cow (for $2.50/lb!!) that we'll be splitting with Ben's brothers. We're eating a bunch of organic chicken this week that I got reduced for quick sale at Kroger because I'm out of beef and don't really want to buy much (any) since we're going to get a whole bunch (for much, MUCH less money) pretty soon.

Breakfasts:
Hashbrowns, scrambled eggs, fruit
Cinnamon roll baked oatmeal, scrambled eggs
Breakfast casserole, coconut flour cheddar biscuits, fruit

Lunches:
smoothies
leftovers

Dinners:
Taco salad (with homemade salsa)
White lasagna, salad
Tammy's fried chicken, mashed potatoes with gravy, salad
Pasta salad with chicken
Breakfast casserole, coconut flour cheddar biscuits, fruit (we'll eat this Saturday night and use the leftovers to streamline Sunday morning!)
Dinner at the farm with Ben's family

What are y'all fixing this week? I feel like I'm finally (after three months!) getting used to cooking elimination diet-friendly recipes rather than always feeling like I'm stuck in a rut. :)

If you need some inspiration, head over to OrgJunkie's Menu Plan Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment