Monday, April 16, 2012

Goals for This Week

It's a goal


Setting goals for each week is so motivating to me. I love having a list to cross off, and planning at the beginning of the week what things I want to do helps me know that, despite how it feels some times, I actually am progressing in the areas that are priorities for us right now.

Here is an update on my goals from last week:

Personal:
::Read through Day 70 of the Bible reading plan I've been doing (I got behind during my first trimester--not sure if I'll end up finishing this year, but I'm just plugging along anyway)
::Exercise at least 4 times
::Read 25 pages of my book for April
Parenting:
::Work with Katie to memorize questions 10 and 11 of the children's catechism
::Continue working with the children daily teaching them to pick up their toys

Education:
::Complete Unit 10 of my Family Herbalist course

Home Management:
::Get the laundry folded and put away (I have a huge mountain of clean laundry--I'm going to have my mother's helper help with this some tomorrow!)
::Continue doing each day's assignments for 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home

Work/Blog:
::Work 6 hours for my work-from-home job (I was only able to work 5 hours and 15 minutes because the server at corporate was down one day so I couldn't get work done)
::Put up 6 posts this week (I posted 5 times)

This week will look quite a bit different, as the children and I will be out of town Wednesday through Monday. I definitely still have things I want to accomplish, but obviously I won't be at home to do a lot of the things we normally do.

I'm really excited about our last minute trip. Wednesday we'll be visiting a dear friend. Thursday my Dad is coming up on a train (into the same city my friend lives in) and we'll pick him up and head to my Grandma's house, coming home Monday after we drop Dad off at the train station. It will be so nice to see so many people we love--but I'll definitely miss Ben!

With that in mind, here are my goals for this week:

Personal:
::Read through Day 80 of the Bible reading plan I've been doing (I got behind during my first trimester--not sure if I'll end up finishing this year, but I'm just plugging along anyway)
::Exercise at least 3 times
::Read 15 pages of my book for April
Parenting/Family:
::Work with Katie to memorize question 12 of the children's catechism
::Prepare plenty of easy food for Ben to enjoy while we're gone

Education:
::Do the reading for Unit 11 of Family Herbalist Course

Home Management:
::Leave the house in an tidy state for Ben

Work/Blog:
::Work 3 hours for my work-from-home job
::Post 4 times

For lots of goal-setting inspiration each Monday, head over to Money Saving Mom

2 comments:

  1. I just want to tell you I appreciate your blog so much! Goal setting is something I have not been doing formally and I feel like with 4 littles I really am not getting much done that is productive!! I think I should implement some weekly goals of my own! Thanks so much for your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done great this week! I like that you can see what you have done at the end of the day and it feels satisfying. At the end of the day, it seems like I can't tell what I have accomplished, so writing it down and crossing it off will definitely keep me better organized and motivated:)

    ReplyDelete