Thursday, April 5, 2012

4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Day 4

Today was Day 4 of Money Saving Mom's 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home. I'm really enjoying the challenge! Today's assignments were:

::Get dressed in something that makes you feel great.
 ::Sit down with a cup of coffee or tea, refer to your list of weekly goals, and make a list of no more than 5-7 specific things you want to accomplish today.
 ::Complete your morning routine {if you don’t have a morning routine, take some time to create one today! Read my How to Develop a Routine That Works–And Stick With It series for step-by-step help.}

::Set the timer for 15 minutes and do a quick-clean of your bathroom. Need specific directions? Read this article on How to Clean Your Bathroom in 15 Minutes.

::Clean out underneath your beds and furniture. Remove clutter and trash and put it away or throw it away. Move the furniture (if possible) and vacuum underneath.


::Find 7 items to get rid of today. Throw them out, stick them in a donate or garage sale box, give them to a friend who can use them, or list them on Craigslist or eBay.
Our day started off a little less productive than the last couple days. We slept in because we were out late last night. Since we got such a late start, I couldn't do my morning all in order because I had to start breakfast right after I nursed Benjamin/read my Bible. I also had some business things to help Ben with before he headed out to his shop.

So, finally at 11 (!) or so, I finished up my morning routine. We had a snack, did my prenatal workout DVD, and then fixed lunch.

After lunch, Ben moved the bed for me so I could do today's assignment. I got the kids down for a nap, cleaned up the kitchen, did an hour of work, and then took care of a handful of things on the computer before tackling today's cleaning projects.

I actually hadn't moved the bed to clean under it since we moved into this house in August of 2009! I found a couple things we had been looking for, and threw away a grocery bag full of stuff.
 
In the end, the only item I left under the bed is a storage bin I use for maternity clothes (or regular clothes when I'm wearing my maternity clothes).
I didn't vacuum when I did the organizing because the children were asleep, so Ben was kind enough to vacuum for me when he got home from work. The children were so fascinated by seeing our room looking different.
 After I finished that, the children were still asleep, so I went ahead and spent 15 minutes cleaning the bathroom. I spend a couple minutes per day keeping our main bathroom clean, so I decided to work in the master bathroom instead. One thing that has amazed me during this challenge has been how much a room can improve with only 15 minutes of work!

Once I finished that, I was able to read my Bible a little bit more before Katie woke up (Benjamin slept longer than she did). She normally watches a DVD after nap-time, so I set her up with that and a snack and I started on dinner. It was about 5:45 by this point. We normally eat by 6:30, but I got started later since the  children slept late.

After dinner, I cleaned up the kitchen and Ben took the kiddos to his family's farm to spend time with their grandparents and uncles (and one aunt!) so I could have a little bit of down time. I've been enjoying listening to Money Saving Mom's webcast, and I'm going to fold some clothes as soon as this post is up.

How did your day go?

1 comment:

  1. You've done so much this week. I'll have to take time to takle some projects around this house. Our fridge is one:)

    ReplyDelete