Tuesday, December 29, 2009

2009 in review



This year brought many changes beginning with the birth of our precious daughter in February. Katie is by far our greatest blessing this year! She came three days "late", but despite some complications during labor, the delivery was safe, healthy, and drug free [!]. Parenthood has presented many challenges (and I know there are many more to come as she gets older), but Katie is such a blessing and brings so much joy to us! I don't think I knew I could love another person so much, but when I look at Katie, I feel like I could just burst. I am so thankful to the Lord for making me her mama. (and as a side, is it possible that she is already over 10 months old?! really, truly?)

 

The other major change of the year came in August, when we moved from Florida to Virginia. I lived with my parents until we got married in May of last year, and then, only lived half an hour away. It was a very emotional time for me, and driving away from their house the morning we moved was probably the most difficult thing I've ever done. Thankfully, I have been able to see them four times already since the move, and we talk on the phone almost daily. I do still not-so-secretly hope they eventually decide to relocate. ;)

The move has proven to be a blessing. We have become part of a wonderful, very like-minded church and we have really enjoyed getting to know the other families. It has also been a joy to live just down the road from Ben's family; seeing them on an almost daily basis for a few months has even more cemented it in my mind that they are really my family now!

2009 has been quite a year, and I can't believe it's almost over! It has been a year full of the continued mercy and grace of God, poured out on us unworthy sinners. The addition of Katie to our family was expected, and the move was not. But, God knew what was coming and has faithfully seen us through, and for His faithfulness we are eternally grateful. My prayer is that He will continue to grow us and use us as He sees fit in the coming year.

I will be taking a bloggy break for the rest of this week, but hope to be back either Friday or at the beginning of next week with some goals for 2010. Enjoy the rest of 2009 with your families!


This post is linked to:

1 comment:

  1. It is such a blessing to see the "rainbow through the rain" and truly His promises are not "vain."

    A beautiful post! It's a wonderful feeling to look at your baby and just be filled with love and happiness.

    May 2010 be even fuller of God's blessings and grace to you and your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete