Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Can't do it all, and that's okay

Some mornings I don't make the bed. That's okay. Thankfully, I have a comfy bed (that's comfy even if I forget to make it) to sleep in (and a wonderful, godly husband to sleep next to!). Sometimes (okay--frequently), the laundry piles up higher than I'd like. That's okay. Thankfully, we have clothes to wear--and enough of them that we can still put on clean clothes when the dirty ones are piled up high. And, thankfully we have a washer and beautiful weather so I can hang clothes up to dry.

Some nights, I leave the dishes for the morning. That's okay. Thankfully, we had food and dishes to eat it on. And, more dishes to eat breakfast on even if the dinner dishes aren't clean. Some days, you'd walk into my kitchen to find plastic ware on the floor. Thankfully, Katie can walk (and has figured out how to open cabinets ;). Most days, there are toys on the floor, and some days, they don't get picked up. That's okay. Thankfully, Katie has toys to play with.

Every day, I am so thankful for a sticky mouth to wipe, sweet little hands to wash, an adorable pudgy belly to tickle, songs to sing, cardboard books to read (8 zillion times :o); so thankful for the precious little girl the Lord has entrusted us with to raise for His glory. So thankful I can stay home with her and enjoy her.

Every day, I am aware these days will one day only be a memory and my sweet baby will be a young woman. And that's why sometimes the bed isn't made, the kitchen isn't spotless, the clothes need washing, and there are toys on the floor. And, that's also why it's okay.

This post is linked to Gratituesday.

7 comments:

  1. Great post, Mrs. Mary Jo! Things like family are far more important than those little things! :)
    May the Lord continue to bless you and your family immensely!

    Many Blessings,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. amen mary jo! i told my husband today that it was SO much more enjoyable to be a mama when i let everything else go once in a while! and today was one of those days. enjoying the sunshine with my little girl. they grow up entirely TOO fast!! bless you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely true! Each day that I have with my four sweet children and dearer husband is a reminder of the short time we will have to raise our children up. They are loud, particular, full of personality, learning to love the Lord and full of love - the dishes can wait, the dust bunnies can multiply and my heart will still be full.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear "Jo Jo"... I continue to learn so much from my "little girl". I thank the Lord for entrusting us with you for a few years. God Bless You dear daughter. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. About 18 months ago I made a very similar post (my now 2 y/o son was 6 months old at the time, teething, I needed to remind myself!). I love this post. I hope it's okay if I add you to my google reader!!

    ReplyDelete