Saturday, March 27, 2010

Super Savings Saturday: The Lord is Gracious

I didn't get to take a picture of today's grocery outing, but I did want to share some of the deals I got as well as something that's sort of on my heart.

I was thankful today to be able to find several healthy, organic foods reduced for excellent prices at Kroger. I was able to score a pound of organic butter for $0.99 (marked down from $4.99), some organic cottage cheese for $0.99, organic apples $2.19 for a 3 lb. bag, a free box of Kashi cereal, as well as many other things. I left Kroger with a cart full of healthy, nourishing foods for our little family...much healthier than the standard American diet and yet still for less than most families spend on groceries for the week. I was also able to get a package of Pampers for $3.97 after coupons & ECBs at CVS, and some tooth paste for more than free after ECB's.

I headed home from my shopping with a very profound sense of thankfulness for God's providence. We live on a much lower budget than a lot of people. I stay home full-time and my husband's work has been quite slow the past several months. We are working on building him a new website and getting things going with that, but in the meantime, things are lean. Yet, we have a roof over our heads, cozy furniture in every room of our house (I guess besides the bathroom--we don't keep any cozy furniture in there. ha!), a refrigerator and pantry filled with healthy, nutritious, and even mostly organic foods. And aside from our material possessions, we are blessed beyond measure with salvation in Christ and an amazingly wonderful marriage that is the fruit of His grace. The Lord truly is a faithful Father and Provider to His flock and for that, I am so, so thankful.

This post is linked to Super Savings Saturday.

2 comments:

  1. What a great testimony to His goodness. I love it! He is faithful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great Mary Jo. Thanks for sharing! The Lord is Great!!

    ReplyDelete