Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Katie-isms

Katie's limited vocabulary is slowly but surely expanding. It is so.much.fun. to watch her learning and imitating us! What an amazing blessing my sweet daughter is. Here are some of her favorite things to say. I'm mostly writing this so I can remember it, but I thought some of y'all might enjoy it as well.

"Uuh-ooh." One of her very favorite things to say. She usually says it two or three times in a row. My guess is once for fun and once to make sure we know she needs us to pick it up. But, like I said, it's just a guess. If she can't find something, she'll say "uh-ooh" over and over again until I realize she wants me to help her look for it.

"Daah" Her word for "dog." Since Ben's family breeds labs, she has been around dogs for just about as long as she can remember.

"Daahdee" Of course, her word for daddy. Her emphasis on each syllable is really cute. And, she is always SO excited to see her "daahdee" when she wakes up in the morning and when he comes home for lunch and at the end of the day.

"I" Along with a cute baby wave, this is her greeting. She doesn't quite have the "h" sound down yet.

"Eyes" She learned where her eyes (and mine) are and likes to repeat their name. She also knows where her nose is, but hasn't said "nose" yet.

"Ooooh" and "Woow" She says these when she gets excited about something.

She has also said "bird" and "fish" once each. Every once in a while, she will try to repeat words we say out of the blue. It's really a lot of fun! I try to animate to her what I'm doing as we go about our day, and also try to read to her a lot, to help her learn more words. I often think about how fun it will be when I can have a real conversation with her! But, truly, I'm not in a big hurry for her to grow up. :)

This post is linked to Finer Things Friday.

2 comments:

  1. This reminds me of Mary Jo isms. You first word was "no-no". Love you. Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to write these things down.Before you know it she'll be saying full sentences.How precious :-)

    ReplyDelete