Friday, March 26, 2010

Major Kitchen Fails

Photobucket



Last week, I had a couple of big fat fails in the kitchen--and both in the same day, no less!

I set out to make a quiche for breakfast before Katie woke up. I was getting my ingredients out and realized the only grain I had ground up already was spelt. I had read that with spelt, you should add a quarter cup for every cup of flour the recipe calls for, but I ignored that and proceeded as usual. The result? A crust that would not unstick from the wax paper to save my life! We had crustless quiche for breakfast.

The second major fail of the day came that afternoon. Our pastor's wife was coming over for a visit and I was scrambling around to get the house ready. At the last minute, I decided I ought to bake something. At 12:30, just an hour before she was set to arrive, I drive over to the farm to get this recipe. It looked easy enough, so I jotted it down as fast as I could and rushed home. Once I got here, I wanted to go ahead and grind some wheat to avoid another spelt failure. While the wheat was grinding, I decided to multitask and wash the dishes. When the wheat finished, I went over to start baking and it turned out I hadn't closed the lid to the canister all the way. There was freshly ground wheat flour all over my counter! Major fail!

Thanks to my sweet hubby's help, everything got clean before company arrived, besides one burner that *ahem* still has flour in it.


This post is linked to Friday Fails.

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear! Sometimes it seems like one fail multiplies into several doesn't it! Hope the visit was a nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes for memorable memories:) Hmmm I remember using the (your) grinder and not shutting the lid all the way, and flour went everywhere! Hard to pick up flour up off the floor. Easy if you use the vacuum. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always make me laugh! It's so good to know that we're not alone in our "oops" moments! :)

    Thanks for linking up to Friday Fails! :)

    ReplyDelete